Re: 2 Questions...

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 2 Questions...
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:57:27 -0000
I am 6'3" and I have know problems, ok I maybe only 21 but still.  I have
the seat right back, and it fit's you snugly.  My car is a right hand drive,
and I have noticed the right side is easer to get into than the left.  It is
also easer to get into the car if the top is down, which is why you should
alwasys have the top down.

Has anyone noticed that driving the Spitfire hurts your right hand sholder
(left for LHD) on long journies, I think it's the angle of the seat belt and
the fact you are realy close to the B post. .  Yet I find it's very good for
my lower back, modern cars get that.

About my car's sag, my car shows a definat lean to the right, so I park in
on a hill and it sorts it out fine.  I just say it's the superdooper
autoleveling system the car haves.  I think the lean of your car should have
been a field in the Spitfires database.

It is a comon flaw, it must be posible to find a common cure, and that will
me my mission in life, I will not stop until every spitfire is rid of its
saggy bum.  I replaced the air shocks with normal ones in my car, and it
made no difference altogether, although the handeling improved with the oil
ones.  If you remove the front anti role bar it makes the whole car lean.

My car has this other problem though.  It not only sags left to right but
front to rear as well.

I can put three fingures between the wheel arch and the front tire, and the
back tire is above the level of the rear wheel arch by about one fingure.
It looks like it's about to take off.   I was wondering if I put a new
spring in the back to rase the back to normal level should the front of the
car go down as the center of gravety shifts forward?