Re: UJ's Again

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: UJ's Again
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:54:29 -0500
Patrick,
I would offer one additional potential source of the "clunk".  In my case, the
clunk was a result of the four bolts which attach the transverse spring to the
differential being loose.  This permitted an amount of lateral movement which
was
particularly noticeable when changing directions (forward/reverse).  Behind the
bulkhead panel (from inside the car) you will find an access panel to check and
properly torque the four bolts.

Good luck,
Ed Hamilton