Re: Oil Guage Addition

To: "Chris DeStaffany" <sjmeds@rockisland.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil Guage Addition
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:34:39 -0000
There are two eye air vents in a GT6, the spitfire has these holes cut in
the dash support but no the wood.  Place your gadges in one of these
locations,  like my oil pressure and vachume mechanicals and they look like
they had alway been there.  It just looks right in my opinion, and you don't
have to move any thing in the center dash, lets face it its a bit crowded
under there.

My oil pressure is a Smiths one, green back light, because it's on the left
then there isn't much distance for the capilery to go.
My vachume gadge is an aftermarket one that I got cheape because it was
chrome and metal "old fassioned" instead of a new cheap and tacky looking
plastic one.  I painted the chrome with black enamal paint just leaving a
ring of chrome arround the edge.  Then I painted the clear bulb green with
somthing rediculas.  You are hard pressed to tell that it's not a Smiths.

Both gadges are worth there weight in gold.  Although I did brake the oil
pressure gadge and blow up an oil filter with a sticky oil releafe valve.
Take the light out and poke the capilery untill it read Zero again.