Manifold Installation Update

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Manifold Installation Update
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:28:38 -0800
Now that the exhaust manifold has had a chance to cool off, I checked
the clearance between the intake and its gasket.  It's still big enough
to stick the .010 feeler gauge into under the number two intake port
(the one that's running the leanest).  Apparently, the Copper Permatex
wasn't enough.  If I get enough gumption, I'm going to at least pull the
intake again tonight to see what there is to see.  Maybe the squished
silicone will give me a clue.

BTW, this is a '73 1500 with a single ZS, and I've installed a 4-2-1
stainless header from Spitbits to replace the old, very rusty 4-1 that
came on the car (for those of you who might have missed my first post).

HELP!!!  She's my daily driver, and I'm gonna be on the bus starting
tomorrow morning...:(

-Schuyler
--
Schuyler E. Grace