Re: [ Engine swap into Spitfire]

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: [ Engine swap into Spitfire]
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:12:10 -0400
At 12:45 PM 10/23/98 -0600, Tim Suddard  wrote:

>     From: GRMTim@aol.com
>     Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:15:58 EDT
>     Subject: Engine swap into Spitfire
>
>It's 1:00 am and I am checking my e-mail. I have just come in from putting
the
>doors back together on my Rotary Spitfire. My creation is nearly complete. I
>feel like a mad scientist as I complete my creation.

Your madness has only just begun. :)  Judging from the experiences of
engine swappers on the Lotus List, you will have a lot of sorting to do.

That is one reason why the Spit6 conversion is popular.  Many of the parts
and systems that needed to be upgraded for the conversion, are already.

Good luck!

>If you want to read about it, the whole hellish story has been outlined in
the
>last two years of Grassroots Motorsports magazine (e-mail me an address and I
>will send you a free sample issue). If you want to go for a ride in it and
>maybe even drive it, stop by my shop after the holidays, as I will have it
>sorted by then.
>
>Sincerely and tiredly,
>
>Tim Sudddard/publisher/Grassroots Motorsports

Can't wait to read all about it!  I expect your project will be fodder for
articles well into next year.

Congrats on your progress.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO