electrical update

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electrical update
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:07:57 PDT
OK I've been investigating this blown wire a bit further.  This what I
now think:

The wire was cut by the PO and left there close to the end of the
harness.  The wire touched my grounded vice grips and blew itself up.
This wire is NOT the green on black.  It was just fused to the
insulation of the BG wire.  In fact this wire has burned all of its
insulation off.  Well there was a little bit of misc black wire near the
fusion point.  Maybe it was black and something or solid black?  This
wire has burned its way through the harness and is now separate from the
harness all the way back the junction with a larger piece of the
harness.  I suspect that maybe this wire went to my missing key switch
light.  Just a hypothesis.

The hazards still don't work.  I have no idea what caused this.  Perhaps
its related.

On a happier note all things mechanical are working properly including
the MC.

Ryan Smith
glad he's a ME major instead of EE
72 Emerald Green Spit