Re: exterior badges and update

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: exterior badges and update
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:25:56 -0700
Patrick,
I'd be wary of using the foam tape.  It will weather in the outside.
However, most autobody supply stores sell rolls of tape specifically
designed for the purpose.

The trick is to grind the back of the piece smooth, then apply the tape
to the piece leaving the backing on one side.  Trim the excess tape from
the piece with a razor blade or exacto knife and then remove the tape
and fit onto the body.

One precaution, though:  Thoroughly remove all wax from the surface with
a cleaner such as PPG Acrili-Clean so the plate will nor come off.

Regards,
Joe

Bowen, Patrick A. RP2 wrote:

> If you don't want to drill holes, is there any reason why you couldn't cut
> off the posts and mount it using double stick foam tape (this stuff will
> hold anything)

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer