Re: water tight?

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: water tight?
From: Michael Thomas <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:24:31 -0400
I had water leaks through my tonneau as well -- the first big rain
filled by recently constructed speaker boxes (behind the seats) with
water!

I found that raising the headrests (I didn't know that they lifted up at
all!) tightened up the bumps on the tonneau and puddles weren't so big.

I also bought a can of silicone waterproofing and brushed the coating
inside and out.  I made sure to test it on the vinyl first to check for
colour fastness -- some aerosol sealants (like 3M's Scotch Guard) warn
that they bleach the fabrics.

No water since!

Mike Thomas
'75 Spit