I'm new and I need parts

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I'm new and I need parts
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:28:37 EDT
I am 17 years old and a '74 Spitfire 1500 owner. My father shelled out the
cash for it a year ago August. After working on it all year, I got it on the
road in August. Unfortunately, 155 miles later, I found out that the engine
was rebuilt incorrectly and the thrust washers failed. Now 1 engine later, it
is back on the road. But I am still missing some important things, notably:

1. Bumper overriders
2. Decent looking bumpers
3. Tie rod ends
4. A window handle
5. A trunk latch

I also have some items for sale if, anyone cares.
1. 4 TWR 30 over pistons, w/ 155 miles on them - basically brand new
2. A good-condition camshaft
3. A damaged block/and possibly damaged crankshaft from engine with failed
thrust washers, but everything else good
4. All of the above
5. the chrome trim piece from the bottom of the rear facade
6. A hardtop from a before mk 4 Spitfire

The engine is repairable, but since I made the foolhardy decision to have a
Spit as my daily driver, I needed to fix it quickly, which did not iclude a
trip to the machine shop and lots or arduous work. Since the numbers did not
match anyway, and my imported auto mechanic handily had a 1500 engine we
replaced the block.

KRis Powell
1974 Spitfire 1500

Don Powell