Re: Why do you drive/conversions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why do you drive/conversions
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:28:16 EST5EDT
All IMHO...

1. People who ask this question are like children who wonder what the big deal
is about
sex...

2. If you have to ask, you probably haven't done it. And if you did it, but
didn't
enjoy it, you probably didn't do it right (and should keep trying).

3. And people who drive REALLY fast cars who ask this are probably too silly to
realize
that it MUCH more fun to drive a slow car fast than drive a FAST car slow...

4. People who cast asperisions on LBC reliability should see the second half of
#2....

5. And finally I'm a hot rodder since childhood but reliability should be the
last reason
to do an engine conversion. If you can't get a LBC engine to run right (and
they all
have potential for a lot more power), you probably don't have what it takes to
fabricate a proper conversion....and then get a junkyard Toyota, V6, or  Small
Block
Chevy engine to run right....

6. Then again, if you want a TR6 that runs a sub 13sec 1/4 mi --- GO FOR IT!
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

I have a stock Norton Commando (TORQUE) for when I want to do that....(If only
I could,
as a soon to be dad...)

My $.02...

Chris Lillja