Stalled Spit/TR4?

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stalled Spit/TR4?
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:15:59 -0500
Hi all!

Driving home from my new job this week has been quite exciting,
Triumph-wise!  Monday evening I was almost home on I-75 in Dallas and
there was a yellow Spit off to the side of the road with the bonnet up.
I stopped to see if I could offer help or parts, and the owner knew what
the problem was and was having his wife come tow him home with the
family Beetle.  It turns out he knew people I know in our club, but was
not actually a member.

I thought, "Gee, what an unusual occurrence -- actually seeing a Spit on
my commute, much less one I had never seen before!"

Well, LAST night, on the way home (about two miles south of where I saw
the Spit) there was a scruffy white Spit or TR4 wedged into a teeny
space in the construction zone of I-75 (at that point there is no
shoulder on either side and concrete barricades -- he managed to squeeze
the car into a small spot by an overpass column).  Before you start
ragging me for not being able to tell the difference between a Spit and
a 4, the bridge column hid the car until I was actually going by it, at
oh, err..., about 60, yeah, 60 miles and hour, plus there was an old van
parked directly in front of it so when I looked back in the mirror I
couldn't see the car at all!  I got about a 1/8 second glimpse of the
car and that was it.  Was that anyone on the list?  Anyone know of
someone passing through in a Triumph?  It was gone this morning, so
hopefully it was okay.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   :)