L.A. British Car Meet

To: "Spitfire Mail List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: L.A. British Car Meet
From: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:02:10 -0700
Hello everyone! Here's a little report on how Nigel and I spent the weekend

I went to the L.A. British Car Meet yesterday-wow!! wotta lotta cars! Even
Jay Leno was there with his Bentley-I got some nice pictures (I hope). There
were 37(!) Minis. 5 TR 7s&8s. 2 1800 Roadsters. ABout 14-18 other TRiumphs
and 5 Spitfires. (Mine was the nicest. 2 were ratty and for sale, one was on
the cover of the SCTOA newsletter 2 months ago-lisence frame says "The sound
a car makes when it Spits Fire". And a right hand drive MK2 just brought
over from GB by its english owner-young guy going to school here. He seemed
quite happy to be around so many LBCs.)  I took a little look around, there
was a lovely "59 Land ROver that won the Truck catagory. A drop dead
gorgeous black Stag (nice guy, he let me over on the freeway) , A "lust in
my heart" yellow Lotus Elite, a PERFECT silver Elan convertible, a "stretch
" mini-with small stained glass vent windows! And an 83(?) black Aston
Martin Volante-triple black. To die for!
  Anyway-

Oh-and they were giving away some back issues of Triumph World-so I picked
up a couple-really interesting. Some stuff about the clubs in South
Africa-so a Big Hello! to Chris Leah!

Looked for Joe Currys son-but, was disappointed not to see him. Did meet
some guy who knew me from the list-recognized the "Laura G." on the place
card. That was a little strange.

All in all a really lovely day. Now onward to Triumphest!

Laura G. and Nigel