Re: Marvel Mystery Oil

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@autox.tem.net
Subject: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:57:28 EST5EDT
I can't vouch for it's effectiveness as a hand cream, and it seems a bit thin
when I use
it in the dashpots on my 4A....

...but as an upper cylinder lubricant (rings, valves guides, combustion
chamber) it
works great. A pint in the gas tank every now and then disolves a lot of
deposits--- from
the tank to the carbs, and especially the "backs" of the intake valves.

Try it the next time you decarbonize, use it as a cleaner on your head. It does
a good
job on carbon deposits, ect.

I thought the stuff was snake oil but a buddy of mine who runs a lot of Italian
iron
showd me how he used it to "wake up" his old Ferrari 330GT. A little down the
spark plug
holes, a good bit (pint or two) in the fuel and crankcase... and man, valves
unstuck,
lifters happier, rings sealing better, more compression ect.....(he changes the
oil
before running really hard- all 12qts.....)

I do this to my 4a everytime it sits fo more than 3mo. YMMV....
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900