Captain Hazlewood Special

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Captain Hazlewood Special
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:51:03 -0700
My 65 Spit diff is leaking out the front seal.  My garage floor looks
like the Exxon Valdez had just pulled away.

Is it possible to replace the front seal without removing the diff from
the car and the front bracket from the diff?

This is an older small shaft 4.11 unit.

It would sure be a lot easier if I could to it under the car quick and
easy.  I did this on a Sprite and it worked fine, but that was a live
axel with no bracket.

BTW, the unit makes not odd  noise and is in no need of rebuild and
servicing in other respects.  I figure in hte end if I just reset the
pinion nut to the same location it started in I will be safe. Right??

Help me with you experience. Thanks in advance.

Brian Neuschwander
65 Spitfire
79 Spitfire
63 Consul Capri