Data for Power / Torque reqd

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Data for Power / Torque reqd
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:46:44 +0100

     Does anyone have power and torque curves for the Spitfire and the GT6,
     specifically the 1500 and Mk3 respectively.  I am really after the
     'unstrangled' UK spec vehicles, but as I have never seen any graphs
     before I will be happy with any info for starters.  So please check
     those old magazines and reference sources.  If you can't scan them in
     then even a fax would be appreciated (mail me for the number).  I have
     quite a few reference books on Triumphs but none of them have the info
     I need, but I know it must have been published somewhere.

     The reason I would like to see the graphs is that I am working on an
     Excel spreadsheet to (hopefully) make some predictions about
     acceleration and top speeds after making chnages to tyre sizes and
     differentials etc.  If I ever get it to give sensible results then I
     will of course make it freely available to the list.

     Thanks in advance

     Pat