Single rail trans reverse

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Single rail trans reverse
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 22:24:23 EDT
I'm glad to hear that Bob was able to get good info on the three rail reverse
stop screw.  I just did an engine/tranny transplant from my '78 into my '73.
This means that I now have a single rail trans in my '73 and it has absolutely
no problem with going into reverse when attempting third gear.  This causes a
little more grinding than I would like.  Any wisdom out there on what I might
be able to do to correct this?

Other than that the whole swap went very well and I drove the car around for
the first time in a long time today!!!  Now all I have to do is rebuild the
engine that Joe sold me and a few other misc things on the '78 and BOTH cars
will be cruisin'.

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500 (on the road again!!!!)
'78 Spitfire 1500 (off the road for awhile)
Hawaii
http://members.aol.com/gatesdavid/index.htm