Re: Newbie Introduction and Windshield Trim Installation

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Newbie Introduction and Windshield Trim Installation
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
---Jambone <jambone6@yahoo.com> wrote:
>The rubber frame doesn't want to slip inside the
> chrome trim.

You mean the chrome strip won't slip into the rubber seal? I think
It's the same seal and trim on my GT6+. If not, just ignore the
following...

I did the same job a couple weeks ago, fussed for about an hour on the
rear trim, then went around to the front and got *extremely* frustrated.

I ended up using a rubber mallet to knock the trim into the groove--it
took all of ten minutes! Just be somewhat gentle about it...Oh, and
the liquid soap suirts everywhere, so watch you eyes!

Good Luck,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC 81718
'70 GT6+ (future Sixfire)