Windscreen scratches

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windscreen scratches
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 09:28:25 -0500
Greetings all,

When the sunlight hits my Spitfire's windscreen glass just right, I can see
that is is quite badly scratched. The circular motion with which these
scratches were inflicted seems to indicate that one of the car's wonderful
PO's decided one day to scrub off some stubborn road grime with steel wool
or something.

The scratches are not very deep, but there are lots of them over much of
the windscreen surface. Is there any way to repair this damage short of
replacing the glass altogether?

Thanks,
Eric.

Eric A. Yates