3 rail trans. reverse stop screw

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 3 rail trans. reverse stop screw
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:24:46 -0400
Greetings,
           I have started to install an anti rattle kit in my 3 rail
transmission,(64 Herald) on the bottom of the gear lever is a adjustable
stop screw with lock nut.It seemd that my stop screw is very worn and
will need to be replaced,I have access to fine threaded set screws of
various lenghts,What I am wondering is if anyone knows how far through
the lever this screw is supposed to protrude? Also is this screw
threaded the full lenght,or does the end turn to a smaller diameter
shaft. This is the first I've seen one of these and I don't know what it
should look like,mine sticks out approx.1/16" at the farthest point and
is worn at an angle.I really dont feel like waiting 3 or 4 days and
paying 4 or 5 bucks shipping for this part if I do not need to.

                                             Thanks,
                                             Bob Harris