Removing Handbrake Handle Grip

Subject: Removing Handbrake Handle Grip
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 19:37:56 -0700
Hello All,

I'm working on adding new carpet to my 77 Spit (along w/ an O/D), and in
order to remove the center "console" type thing, I need to remove the handle
grip off of the handbrake lever. The manual gives the wonderful instruction
of "Remove the hand grip from the handbrake lever". The Haynes manual does
say "pull it off". I've tried and it doesn't seem to want to move. Since it
is made of plastic, I'm hesitant to pull too hard. Is there some trick, or
do I just close my eyes and pull real hard?

Thanks,

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (getting close to being on the road again)
62 TR3B (many moons away from the road)