An early Christmas

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: An early Christmas
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:08:32 -800
Hi all,

Arrived home today from what is best described as an adequate day at work to
discover that Canada Post had delivered: a box of goodies from Moss and a
Spitfire
List decal from Joe Curry (Thanks Joe!) .

Within minutes the new hoodpins from Moss (thanks to all who wrote discussing
this) were installed, elimanating at least two significant rattles and the decal
was installed, greatly improving Emma Peel's appearance.

It really made me appreciate both what a wonderful resource this list really
is, and, what an amazingly repairable vehicle the Spitfire is (okay, okay, I
know hoodpins aren't quite the same as a tranny rebuild but have you ever tried
to get hoodpins for a 1955 Ford Consul?).  But, I think most importantly, is
the wonderful feeling of discussing the refurbishmet of an elderly British
sports
car with others who care (my wife has many great qualities, but, appreciating
hood pins is not one of them.).  Apologies for sounding somewhat maudlin but
thanks to all none the less.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)

ps.: Now on to the glowing ignition light problem!