Re.: Glowing ignition light

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re.: Glowing ignition light
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:48:47 -800
When I purchased Emma Peel (1980 Spitfire 1500) in early summer I noticed the
red ignition light glowing dimly in the garage, it was too bright outside to
notice it.  Took it down to my favourite mechanic who quickly tested the
alternator
(which, I should add, is a GM conversion).  He said "It's putting out 14 volts
so don't worry about it."  When I asked about the light, he seemed unconcerned,
suggesting it "might be slight short."  That was over two months ago and the
battery has not run down yet.  He also said it looked like my diodes were on
their way our but that I didn't need to replace it yet. I do notice that when
running at night with the lights on, the turn signals slow down after a while.
 Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)