Re: Speedometers named Eric

To: Randy Potter <rpotter@MAIL.CLARION.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Speedometers named Eric
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:43:28 -0400
At 09:50 PM 9/17/98 -0400, Randy Potter elegantly explained the speedo's
workings thusly:

>Neil -  According to 1960's era learning theory, anticipation of the
>reduction of drive through the consummatory response of eating the raisin
>should cause Eric to run faster as the raisin gets closer, much as rats
>pull harder as they approach a goal box.
>
>As the Spitfire is of about the same era as this theory I would guess it
>applies.

See, I _told_ you guys that you didn't really want to know.   :-)

By now, Neil's wife must suspect the truth, that Spitfires are fuelled by
bulls**t!

This has been a fun thread.

"Would that be the 5 minute argument, then, or the full 30 minutes?"

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(57 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98