Re: MORE: Clutch Problem?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MORE: Clutch Problem?
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:24:04 EDT
Paul,

Yes, my car has the same problem.  I have no idea where my clutch fluid is
going either.  About once a month I loose half the fluid.  I never was able to
track it down.  The metal hose from the master to the slave seems to have dry
connections.  The only thing that I can figure is that the slave cylinder seal
may be leaking it into the bell housing.  This would tend to disguise it.
When the engine goes back in it will have a new slave kit so I'm hoping that
will help.

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500
Hawaii