Crash Rebuild

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crash Rebuild
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 06:17:33 EDT
Listers

        I have decided to fix the car that the dumb current owner used to push a
Toyota 4Runner. I think the repair can be done for under $1000 (ouch) w/o a
total repaint ( I'm still thinking about this one). My question for the list
has to do with fit up and/or features of used bonnets. I am visiting a salvage
yard Saturday that has several Spit noses and at least one GT6 nose. I am
aware of the standard stress crack areas ( you should see these after using
the car as a battering ram ) are there any other considerations when choosing
a replacement? Can a
GT6 bonnett fit a 1980 Spit?

Thanks for your help

Pete