Re: Old age & air tools

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>,
Subject: Re: Old age & air tools
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 16:16:40 -0500
Ed,
In my experience the tools from harbor frieght are pretty good quality,
though I have never heard of or used central pneumatic.  All of my tooling
comes from Chicago Pneumatic.

The filter/lubricator is good insurance to prolong the use of the tool.  I,
however, dont use one.  The shop I work in has approx 500+ pneu tools and
we dont have one there either.  We do add a drop of tool oil in the male
fitting on the tool, it is recommended for every 8 hours of use.

I use a Devillbis HVLP and a Binks 2001 HVLP, both are great guns..

Good luck and enjoy the ease the air tools give...

At 02:44 PM 9/6/98 -0400, Edward Hamilton wrote:
>One late evening last winter, while removing the four bolts at the half
>shaft - differential, there was the sound of a dry twig snapping; that
>would be my elbow.  So, I'm about to purchase a bunch of air tools to
>make my aged life easier and in preparation of my next project.
>1.  Would anyone care to comment on the quality of "central pneumatic"
>tools as sold by Harbor Freight Tools?
>2.  Since they will receive minimal usage, is it necessary to get the
>filter/lubricator unit(s)
>3.  Also, Its been a while since I've sprayed paint and would appreciate
>the recommendation of a high quality gun.
>
>Best regards,
>Ed Hamilton

N.A. Campiglia III
Abilene TX