Re: Results of Cold Air Box performance evaluation

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Results of Cold Air Box performance evaluation
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
---"Laura G." <savercool@msn.com> wrote:

> It is if  1.) you can get away with it 2.) you live somewhere  where
the
> limit is as posted or as is safe for the conditions (CA) or 3.) if
you're
> somewhere where even the police have respect for the kind of car
you're
> driving. (As in Italy and some parts of USA)
>

> >80mph hmm...........is that a legal speed limit?
> >Tom

Not to start a speed war or anything, but here in Atlanta, GA, I see
90+ mph daily.  In traffic.  And, sometimes I'm passed by Police,
wanting to go faster.  Bizarre, huh?

My Spitfire sometimes can't go fast enough!  But I had the same
problem with my '90 Jeep Wrangler 4cyl - Semi trucks would try to run
me down in the slow lane!

In the words of Bruce Hornsby, "That's just the way it is..."

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, GA, USA
'71 Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey
==