Re: value for a '79 Spitfire??

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: Re: value for a '79 Spitfire??
From: Jack Levy <sales@cocoinc.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:31:43 -0400
I've seen some as high as $6500 (with good interior though), I paid $1400
for my 80 Brown Spit, with bad interior, rusted floorpanels, worthless soft
top. If I spend $500 for a top, $1500 for a paint job and $200 for fixing
the floorboards I'll have a car comparable to that one, but it will have
non-original paint, repaired rust and non-original top. I think it's a good
price. I wish I would have found a rust free car, even though it's not that
bad in my car, you know it's going to come back and ruin that paint job.

Jack

76 TR6
80 Spitfire
80 TR8

At 02:46 PM 8/31/98 -0500, Gambony, Jim wrote:
>Listers,
>
>I just stumbled across a '79 Spitfire for sale, and wondered if:
>
>a)  the price was in line
>b)  anybody wants a solid rustfree Dallas car.
>
>the details:  it appears to be a Spitfire 1500 built in April of 1979 (ugly
>rubber bumpers!), white with matching factory hard top.  The seats have some
>awful fuzzy seat covers and the carpet is shot.  The body is very straigth
>and solid (even the paint in the trunk looks new!), the paint is generally
>ok, hard to tell with the dust on the car.  A Stewart-Warner oil pressure
>guage was added in the dash on the left side....
>
>No, no overdrive switch obvious.  Standard steel wheels with new no-name
>tires.  Claims to have had a recent brake hydraulics overhaul.  The car
>starts right up and idles about 1000 rpm.
>
>The asking price on the car is $3200.
>
>Out of line?
>

>Jim

                        Computer  Consultants,  Inc.