Re: sagging spit

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>, James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: sagging spit
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:41:11
I know of a fellow in Mansfield, OH that owns a British Sports Car
junkyard.  He takes a long leaf of a spring and cuts the passenger side a
little bit short and then takes the modified leaf and replaces one of the
shorter leafs on the sagging spring.  This has the result of basically
making the drivers side spring stiff enough to withstand these problems.
He sells the spring leafs for $10.  I don't know his number, I am sure
information could give it to you, but if someone wants to do it it is
reasonably easy.  Is it the best way to resolve the problem, beats me but
it works.