Re: need for speed

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: need for speed
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 05:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
I got my '72 MKIV Spitfire up to about 96 while in high school, on a
smooth stretch of highway near my house.  My brother was with me - he
was about 13.

The spitfire wasn't stock (by any means), and proceeded to vapor lock
for the next 15 minutes or so...

Chip

p.s. - I think a better story is how we used to tow it with a dog
chain and a length of vinyl clothesline...  :-)

p.p.s. - ah - them were the days...
==
"Time is an illusion.  Lunch, doubly so." - Ford Prefect
"Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.  It
doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though." - Mostly Harmless