FS inner valve springs. (Was -Running real rough)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FS inner valve springs. (Was -Running real rough)
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:22:09 -0700
James wrote:

[...]
> Your lucky haveing the unde-powered 1500 engins.  In the UK we have to
> put up with double valve springs.  Replaceing 16 the springs more
> expensive than 8.

Which reminded me:

Last year I had ordered a set of these double valve springs for a
cylinder head I was having re-built.  I got the springs, but found
that the lower spring retaining collars were rare as new Spitfires.
The head's done (using the outer springs only) and the inner springs
are sitting on my shelf collecting dust.  They are un-used.  I'll sell
them (8) for $12 USD plus shipping.  VB wants $2.70 each.  Again,
you'll need the lower collars to use them.

FWIW the fellow that re-built the head installed valve guide seals.
I don't know where he got them or what (else) they would fit.

Still under-powered,
Bob

--
Bob Sykes
"You can't beat your brains for entertainment."