Re: Spitfire Oil "Drain-Down"

To: Pat B <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Oil "Drain-Down"
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:36:33 +0000
The paper gasgets are definatly good enough.  I havent had any leaks
from the gasguets I have replaced.  I have had leaks from the ones I
could not get hold of and so re-cycled.  I have never used one of those
liquid gasguets things, and I am not keen on using them when you can
still get or make the original item.

As for the oil filter, try ordering you filter from one of the big
supplyers, but ask them if it's the proper item.  It's easy in the UK to
get the correct oil filters for the car, because there are alot of BL
cars still on the road, still needing oil filters.  Unipart lives.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot