exhaust headers...

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: exhaust headers...
From: "the jolly rancher..." <njaremka@eng.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:59:13 -0400 (EDT)
here's another question for you all:

i want to put exhaust headers on my '72 1300.  however, i heard that for
better street performance, the best set to get would be a 4-2-1 setup as
opposed to a 4-1 setup (monza, pacesetter, and most other popular header
systems). what are some oppinions as to this? also, does anyone know where
i might be able to find a 4-2-1 exhaust header?  price is not a big issue,
unless they start at about $400.  i might consider that a bit pricey...
thanks in advance on your reply.

a little side note:  i took my car to the vintage auto festival in victor,
ny a couple of weeks ago, and despite the weather, i had a great
experience.  it was my first show and again, despite the weather, i had a
great time.  i know that a while back, some of you were discussing taking
your car to the shows no matter what it looks like, and i must say that my
car is less than perfect, but i still felt like part of the group.  i also
realized that there were people there that only cared about seeing how
many people just like to drive thier car around.

nik jaremka

'72 spitfire IV

just drive it...