Re: GT6 help

To: GT6in@aol.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 help
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:08:36
Tom, looking at the problem from what you said it sounds like a carburation
problem to me.  After you changed your jets you experienced the problem,
but you reinstalled the original jets to try and solve the problem, That
lets us assume that that is not the problem.  Well there is one other thing
that you did, you adjusted the floats.  I do beleive this is where your
problem lies.  I am not an expert on carbs but it sounds like your floats
may be too low causing you to get just enough fuel at idle but no where
near enough at higher rpms.  I would check this out and try readjusting them.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit