Bolt size for 1500 Hardtop

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bolt size for 1500 Hardtop
From: Francis Marchand <fmarchand@draper.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 07:28:09 -0400
I've recently acquired a '79 1500, which came with 3 tops.  The DPO removed
all tops and fasteners (which are probably lost).  Does anybody know the
thread size and length of the convertible top frame to car body fasteners
(behind the seats) and also those for the hardtop where it mounts to the
top of the windshield?  The rear of the hardtop, where it joins to the body
behind the seats, has eye loops.  What type of fasteners are used here?

This car has S/N FM913XX UO, which according to Moss and others, is a '78
model.  The car has chrome bumpers, not the black ones found on the '80.  I
found a list of S/Ns on the net (International Triumph Spitfire Database),
where S/N FM90000 - FM94000 were listed as '79 models as well as FM95000 -
FM12XXX.  Is it possible the '79 was an interim model year with cars from
S/N FM90000 - FM95000 the same style as the '78 and then a '79 1/2 was
introduced with new bumpers starting with S/N FM95001 or am I totally
confused?

TIA for your help.  I'm looking forward to enjoying the Spit this summer.

Fran