Re: MK IV tail light area

To: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Subject: Re: MK IV tail light area
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 09:39:25 -0400 ()
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Sam Gentry wrote:

> Recently we discussed the black taillight area on a Sit Mk IV.  I should
> have paid a little more attention.  Now that painting time is near, I can't
> remember two things (1) was this done in all MK IV's or just the earlier
> 71's?  (2) was the paint flat or gloss black?

Sam, it was for the '72 model year (perhaps only for the U.S. market?). As
I recall, the paint was sort of a satin-finish black. Meanwhile, I'm not
sure I can tell you whether any of the black was intended for that lower
edge of the trunk lid, but I do have the remains of a '72 rear tub, still
in its original livery. I can try to determine the extent of the black
paint from that and get back to the list.

--Andy