Re: I got a new baby with new problems

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: I got a new baby with new problems
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:22:50 -0400 ()
On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Nikki MW1 wrote:

> ...1975 Spitfire... new problems...
> 1)  The oil light will stay on at all times (so does the brake light).

As they are interconnected, it's likely that the brake light circuit is
the offending one. Assuming that there are no leaks or other problems with
the brakes, the "pressure differential warning actuator" switch needs to
be recentered.

> 2) The headlights don't work at all (tried switching the leads on the
> headlight switch) but still no headlights.

Perhaps the column switch is bad, or the leads to it are disconnected?

> 3) Has no wiper switch ( if anyone has an extra and would like to sell
> let me know)

Can't help you there.

> 4) Has factory hardtop which is only held on by two bolts in the back.
> Looking for attaching hardware for sides and front)

I think most all of the mounting hardware is available. Check out the
usual suspects (TRF, etc.)

--Andy