Spitfire 6 Curiousity

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire 6 Curiousity
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 7:18:51 +0000
Listers,

I don't know if any of our brethren and (?) sistern who run Spits with
transplanted GT6 engines have made the great leap over to the Spitfires lis=
t,
but I'm curious about the success of the transplant. =20

I very nearly tried it with my last GT6 (a red '71; KF0247, I think) which=20=
ran
like a champ, but had not a stitch of decent metal left on it.  I had a rea=
lly
nice Spitfire tub and thought seriously about making the swap.  In the end,=
decided not to compromise the originality of the car on the theory that "th=
ey're
not makin' 'em any more".  I bought my '72 and handed the '71 off to a pers=
on
with the tools/skills necessary to do the body work and resurrect it.

But the curiosity remains.  Does anyone on this list run such a beast or kn=
ow
one?  Does it end up terribly front-heavy?  How is the handling?  Performan=
ce?

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6