Conclusion - GT6 Overdrive Transmission Reinstallation

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Conclusion - GT6 Overdrive Transmission Reinstallation
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:27:06 +0000
Thanks to one and all for the responses to my query on the transmission mou=
nting
plate for the GT6 with overdrive.  It appears that the plate on my car is n=
ot
the correct mounting plate, as Barry indicated on day one.  I'd bet it's a=20=
Spit
plate, since the driveshaft has turned out to be from a Spitfire - is the G=
T6
supposed to have more than four cylinders? ;-) .  Sam sent me a scan of his
mounting plate which clearly shows a "diving board" for mounting the overdr=
ive
mount bracket.  I'll be fabricating something soon!

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6