Re: MGB owners (potential news about "heads")

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB owners (potential news about "heads")
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:28:48 -0600
Hi Mark,

I'll ask him.

What kind of problems have been experienced?  I don't have a 1500 and
haven't followed any of the problem reports on that model.  I suppose
if I could present to him a list of potential customers and/or
requests for 1500 heads they would consider it.   Apparently the
company is thinking of getting into the specialty or nitch market.

He did mention that the MGB engines were still being either used in
India where they have just setup a manufacturing facility.  The two
gentlemen involved in this project are high school classmates of mine.
 I visited the shop last sunday and they had something like 2000 heads
for some kind of ford engines sitting on pallets.  Pretty impressive
sight to see that many heads laying around.

> Do you think they would be interested in doing Spitfire heads. I
> could see a demand for the 1500 ones, with the various problems we
> experience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)