Re: Another Wierd Spit foible [Spit distributor]

To: will_thane@email.msn.com, prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Another Wierd Spit foible [Spit distributor]
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:17:04 -0700
It looks like this thread has spilled over from the "Big" list.

>     First off, I'm not sure what this "Blue thing" connected to the coil is.
> Some sort of aftermarket ignition system?

ISTR my car (when new) having a condenser here just like the one
connected
to the alternator, but I can find no evidence of one now.  If this is,
in fact a condenser you can safely disconnect it for trouble shooting
this problem.  It would have only one wire.

> Anyway, lets start with the distributor.  Pop the cap off and rotate the
> motor to TDC on number 1.  (you can use the timing marks on the crank
> pulley).  Is the rotor pointing toward the #1 cylinder (front of motor) ?
> If not, someone installed the dizzy out of sync.  If it is pointing
> correctly toward the front of the block, replace cap

If it NOT pointing correctly toward the front of block, don't panic.
The important thing is for it to point toward the correct plug wire
on the dist. cap.  As Chris mentioned the correct firing order
(regardless
of location) is essential.

Hope this helps

--
Bob Sykes
"You can't beat your brains for entertainment."