Re: Drive Spitfire without sills?

To: spitlist@gte.net, jw@mail09.mitre.org
Subject: Re: Drive Spitfire without sills?
From: McGaheyRx <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:34:36 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-21 21:38:46 EDT, spitlist@gte.net writes:

<<  Just pray the rust has not gone as far as the lower
 "A" posts.  I had to replace the right hand one on my Spit.  When you do
 that, you have to be very careful that you measure everything carefully
 before disassembling the components.  When you re-install the new ones,
 you should ensure that the measurements are duplicated.  Otherwise your
 doors won't fit properly. >>

The doors on my GT6+ don't fit properly NOW - I think because both sills
were badly repaired in the past (they appear to be pop riveted in) The floors
are completely rotten also and I'm thinking of getting a MIG welder, learning
to use it and then fixing this mess myself. SO -  any advice on how to do
this so that the doors fit when I'm finished ?
I hadn't posted this question before beacause its hard to describe how bad
the door fit is- one of them won't even shut all the way.
Advice on learning to weld also welcome.
Thanks
Jack Mc
73 TR6
69 GT6+