Peppier but... (was Running Doggy )

To: Hap Cohen <hap_cohen@mindspring.com>
Subject: Peppier but... (was Running Doggy )
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 22:26:40 -0600
Hi Hap,

Yea, I had the gaskets on the wrong carbs.  I guess thats what
happens when you want to drive and not work!!  Its kind of like one
vulture was saying to the other vulture, "patience hell, I'm
ready to kill something".

I went through the tuning procedure again and put the air cleaners on
properly.  Now it runs better but, heres the funny part.   It runs
pretty good on a flat road but any and I mean any kind of long
shallow incline and the car start bogging down.  Now remember here in
Nebraska we don't have hills we just have slight ups and downs!!

I feel pretty comfortable with the engine timing being correct.  One
thing that did concern me.  In order to get the proper dwell on the
dwell meter I had to close the point gap more than what the book
calls for.  Haynes says the dwell should be 39 degrees.  I don't
remember of hand what the point gap is supposed to be but I know I
couldn't get the feeler gauge between the points after adjusting for
dwell.  Could this be the problem of lack of power?  Should I ignore
the dwell setting and just use the point gap setting?

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)