Lower Wishbone, and other suspension stuff.

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lower Wishbone, and other suspension stuff.
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:32:43 +0000
I as you may well know, am giving the front suspension some an
overhaull.  Namely strip it down, and rebush, plus some other bits and
bobs.  I have come accross a couple of problems.

The RH side lower wish bone antiroll bar link mount point, instead of a
hole, has an oval with a gap at the top, I assume this is not ment to be
like that.

The RH antiroll bar chassy mount point is fractured, there is a split
running half way across it, what's the best way of fixing this.

I am going to take the steering rack off, because it needs a clean out,
and it needs re aligning, what should I look out for when doing this.

My indicators still don't get power to the flasher unit, I am going mad
now, I have had the wiring loom out once, but forgot to test these
conections. D'OH!

When I put the steering rack back, what should I use for the bushings,
rubber, poly, or aluminium?

Anyone fitted an antiroll bar to the back of a Spitifre 1500 yet?
I want to stop it going into it's rear wheel skids.

If the current fixes don't work then that may be next on the list.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot