Re: Spitfire Door Lock Problem

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Door Lock Problem
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:40:01 -0400
I recently had this problem with my passenger door. It came about after
damage to the door and rocker panel. It turns out that the door was too
close to the pillar. After adjustments, it worked fine again. Before
doing the adjustments, I took a look at the mechanism. The inside handle
and the outside handle have somewhat separate mechanisms (sorry can't
describe them, you will have to take a close look). The outside
mechanism doesn't move the latch as much as the inside one. Since I
didn't have to do anything more after adjusting the door, I didn't try
to resolve this. But that is where you should start.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario