Re: Wheel Arch/Quarter Panels

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel Arch/Quarter Panels
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 20:10:00 -0400
Vic Whitmore wrote:

> Tom, if your asking for info on the interior panels, I'd be interested
> in anything you get. I am trying to put together a set of drawings for
> all panels. I started with the the fuel tank cover for the trunk. If you
> get something,I would put it together with mine and have the final set
> posted ont eh VTR web pages.

Thanks for you response Vic. You were the only one to email me about
this. I guess no one on the list knows how to do this! 8^) The Spitfire
list is kinda new so the lack of responses is to be understood I guess.
I had a 71 MG Midget and the Spridgets list was very well populated and
responsive. I'm sure that in time, the Spitfires list will be too.

As for the interior panels, I guess I'll cover the fiberboard (or
whatever it is) with thin aluminum to regain some decent shape and then
cover that with the vinyl. I've received some help from John Rossi on
covering the wheel wells. He's a friend and fellow member of the
Southern British Car CLub here in Chattanooga, TN. and has quite a bit
of experience with British cars. He suggested using a hair dryer to
stretch and shape the vinyl over the wheel well area.

- Tom Shirley                                           -
- Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)            -
- 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)  78 Triumph Spitfire -
- http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080      -