Re: The Colour white..for the roof...help

To: Iain Campbell <spit.fire@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: The Colour white..for the roof...help
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:18:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Iain Campbell wrote:

> Hi..
> I'am in the middle of a rebuild on the mk3 and due to sray the body
> Signal Red....but the hard top I want white, problem is there is so many
> white colours...old english, Sebring to name a few, has any one painted
> the top white and what shade of white was used, it sounds daft but when
> I went in to the paint shop and the chap showed me the colour
> charts..there is a few, so I need some help in getting the right one

You might want to avoid Sebring White, which is actually closer to an
extremely washed out light blue. The ("new") White #19 would have been
appropriate to the Mk.3 and is a nice, fairly bright white. But the
"creamier" whites, such as Old English, might look good as well. It's
really more a matter of your own preference.

--Andy