Re: Wings Gap

To: Craig Smith <smi2685@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Wings Gap
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 08:58:54 -0400
CRAIG!

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

My buddy Mike did it on his Spit, thinking it would look cool all
smoothed out, WRONG!  First of all, whatever you put in there, unless
you weld in metal or something, is bound to crack eventually, ensuring a
nice prominent flaw in your beautiful year long prep job.  Beyond that,
anybody who knows these cars is going to wonder what happened to the
nose that made you bugger up the seam.  (It's the first thing I thought
when I saw Mike's...  "Uh-oh, Improvisational School of Bodywork"...)

Of course, a well executed job in the context of an overall smoothing
might be beautiful...  Shave all of the fender seams and door handles,
do some lead-sled tricks like "french" the antenna and sink the license
plate...  Anybody ever do a street rod version of one of these cars?

Best wishes..

John