Re: GT6+ o/d speedo #'s

To: rkcroft@ibm.net
Subject: Re: GT6+ o/d speedo #'s
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 07:21:51 -0800
>How do you re calibrate a speedo?  I have a 3.27:1 diff in my 69 spit but the
>speedo.
***************************
must be a closely guarded secret, because I haven't figured it out yet,
something about messing with the magnets and pretty delicate work - but any
good speedometer repair shop should be able to re-calibrate yours.  I took
mine to a place here in San Diego, with a measured cable turn count over a
predetermined distance, (that they supplied) and they calibrated it for me.
 Came back looking brand new, and now reads correctly.  The only drawback
is that unless they have correct gears for the odometer that portion will
not be corrected for the new speed (your milage may vary :-}).
That's an awful tall ratio for a stock or even mildly tuned Spitfire - nice
for cruising but must be a little slow off the line?

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)