shotimes

[Shotimes] what do I need for front suspension

To: v6sho@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Shotimes] what do I need for front suspension
From: <james_ebersold@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:54:19 -0500 (CDT)
Greetings...

I am planning to continue my suspension upgrades that I started with my rear
suspension.   I will be installing the Eibach springs I have already purchased
and probably the Koni strut inserts.  I have a question about other parts I may
need.   I have not dissembled it yet and want to have the needed parts on hand
before I start.  I have been researching other parts and have found the
following listed in the KYB catalog.

SB103  - Strut Boot Kit (Front)
SM5038 - Front Strut Mount
SM5415 - Front Lower Springseat insulator
SM5005 - Strut Mount Bearing for SM5038
SM5156 - Front Strut Upper Springseat
SM5271 - Front Strut Mounting Kit

I would guess the spring seats I could just visually inspect and tell if they
are torn or not.  I would also replace the boots as they tend to crack and are
not expensive.  For the rear I replaced the strut mount so I guess it makes
sense for the front.  I see the front has extra parts like the bearing.   With
125K miles and a cosst of $15 each it would make sense to replace the bearing
as apparently its not included in the 5038 mount.   What about the SM5271 does
anyone know is included in this item?  Should it be replaced?

Is there anything else I have missed?  I am also thinking of getting some
polyurethane bushings.  Does anyone know what is available and reasonable to
replace?

Your comments are appreciated.